The target population of the LSP experiment are people with 65 and more years in physical and/or psycho-social risk and their family and formal caregivers.
Each DS has an internal body checking the inclusion criteria for each possible participant. According to the specific DSs’ experience, this internal body is composed by three main actors’ categories: caregivers, service providers and public authorities such as the municipalities.
As concerns the elderly people users group, the following inclusion criteria have been defined:
- 1 to 6 (included) degree of fragility according to the CFS (Rockwood et al., 2005);
- 65 years old and more;
- minimum cognitive skills to sign the consent form and the related documentation;
- having support from formal/informal caregivers.
As concern formal/informal caregivers’ users group, the following inclusion criteria have been defined:
- Informal caregivers should not be paid caregivers or health workers in the caregiving role under investigation;
- Informal caregivers are family members, friends, relatives or anyone who provide significant care for the ill person;
- Informal caregivers should have minimum cognitive skills to sign the consent form and the related documentation;
- Formal caregivers are a person of legal age, with complete elementary and/or high school education, with specific training from an officially recognized institution for the activity of care and receiving remuneration for the activity.